Saturday, October 1, 2011

Have fun for time!

Today was a fun day. I am thankful that I had stuff planned for the day so I wasn't just sitting around. It turned out to be a perfectly gorgeous day in Orange County... not that it's uncommon, but the past couple of weeks have been pretty gloomy, especially in the mornings. The first thing I did today was a low-key CrossFit event at Newport Dunes. It was a workout that included stand up paddle boarding as a way to introduce people to the sport. Jeff and I both did this event last year and we had a lot of fun.

Here was the workout:
2K row
50 kettlebell swings @ 35#
400m run in the sand
400m paddle board
25 water burpees
my time: 19:15

There were probably about 10 of us that did the event today, and I think everyone did pretty awesome. After all of the heats went, I was in first place, but Jeff kindly reminded me that he still beat me! We had to leave early, so I wasn't able to do the final workout. I'm a little bummed that I couldn't finish out the day, but it doesn't really matter.

We had a really good time at the wedding tonight and got to catch up with several old friends from San Diego. The couple that got married have been together since high school like us. It was a good reminder of how lucky we are to have been a part of each others lives for so long. Friday will be our 5 year anniversary. I'm a pretty lucky girl :)

1 comment:

  1. send me that pic of us BFF. Lots of fun this entire weekend :)

    ReplyDelete