Friday, September 30, 2011

Keep on moving.

I woke up early this morning and ended up reading at Kean for a while. Jeff met me there after CrossFit and we had breakfast together at Haute Cakes... because we love it and because there was almost no food in our house. Last night when I got home from the gym, Jeff had bought me some succulents and a new pot to plant them in. I don't think he could have done anything better. I was thinking yesterday that I wanted to plant something for Janey, to remember her by. It was perfect really. After breakfast this morning, I came home and planted the flowers and thought of her. Although I lost Poopa just over a month ago, and that was hard... this is different. Harder. My mom called me this afternoon before they took Janey off the respirator. She put her phone up to my grandma's ear so I could tell her how much I love her and that I would miss her. I am really thankful that I could say goodbye.

The only real purpose of today's workout was just for me to move. I pushed as hard as I could for where I was at... not my normal for sure, but it still felt challenging and good to do something.

10am:
5 min. SMR, mobility, dynamic
PT: Jobes shoulder circuit #2
Specific warmup: wall squats, squat jump, tuck jump 3x10
10x kb swing @ 35, 10x@44, 10x@53
WORKOUT:
IWT
10x KB Swing @ 53# KB
2:00 minute Step-up/Tuck Jump (20sec Step-up/10sec Tuck Jump)
2:00 minute Rest
3 rounds
15x Goblet Squat @ 44# KB
2:00 minute erg (15sec Hard/15sec "Less Hard")
2:00 minute Rest
3 rounds
Cool Down: easy erg 10 min.

My second workout today was at an event put on by Barbells 4 Boobs at CrossFit Newport Beach. The workout was "Grace", which is 30 Clean and Jerks at 95# for time. Again, I wasn't going for any crazy records tonight... just to support a great cause, and the mother of friends from the gym who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. Janey was also a breast cancer survivor, so naturally I thought of her too. I was happy just to finish it, as I went back and forth on whether I even wanted to do it. My time was 5:39... much better than a year ago when it took me over 13 minutes! Another rough day, but God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment