Thursday, September 8, 2011

Funky Day

I woke up at 5am this morning and wasn't able to fall back to sleep, then my alarm went off at 5:40. Bummer. I started thinking about my workouts on Saturday... not in a nervous, bad way so much. I was more playing them through my mind, almost as if I was watching myself do them, but feeling them and counting my reps at the same time. I thought about how I would breathe and where I would take breaks if I needed to. When I was eating breakfast was when I started to feel nervousness. All of a sudden, my eggs didn't taste so good. I don't like this feeling, but I know its just part of the whole thing. I don't think I will ever be completely comfortable... but this is something I love about it.

So maybe its nerves that have me in kind of a funk today... maybe its hormones... although it shouldn't be, if you know what I mean ;) But I feel like I could tear up at any moment. I know this is ok... but I just don't feel like it right now. Anyway... moving on. I am recently addicted to Pinterest, which is why I have put on hold all of my words with friends games. I have found something better to occupy "that time" of my day. Ha! I make myself laugh! Today I read this cute little quote from a 4 year old named Nathaniel. It read: "You know it was a good day if you didn't hit or bite anyone." So... despite my melancholic mood, according to Nathaniel, I guess I'm doing alright!

On to the workout. It is recovery day and I'm still tapering, so it was recovery day squared, and boy did I move slow. I guess it would be as good a time as any to mention that Steve Dugger, aka "Coach", programs all of my workouts and has been doing so for a year. I know I do the work, but I give him most of the credit as I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be where I am on my own. He knows his stuff and I think he's pretty much the best. Ok, here's today...
10am:
5 min. SMR, mobility, dynamic
General warmup: 10 min. easy row w/ 2-3 hard sprints for 10-20 sec.
PT: Glute/VMO, pec minor stretch 2x20”
WORKOUT: 3x20 wall squat, 4x5 box squat @ 30% (58#) (set box at 2" below parallel to break the kinetic chain), 50x TGU(Turkish get up) (5x ea. arm @ 18#kb, 5x @ 8#DB open palm w/ DB vertical)
Cool Down: 10 min. easy row

I ate eggs and chicken sausage with avocado for breakfast and a coffee (I even treated myself to Coffee Bean on the way home from the gym this morning :). I had a protein shake post workout, and for lunch had a salad with chicken, beets, tomatoes, walnuts, and 1/2 of a Costco avocado (big time!). Olive oil/balsamic/lemon juice and dijon for dressing. Then I had some strawberries and a handful of trail mix. And, I'll probably grab a larabar in a moment because I'm getting hungry again.

There you have it.

1 comment: