Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday Sprints

10am:
5 min. SMR, mobility, dynamic
1. General W/up: none
2. PT: Jobes Shoulder circuit #1
3. Specific W/up: 10 min. easy V-climb, 3x hard efforts (get HR where it needs to be for the v-climb)
4. WORKOUT: 3x 45" all out V-Climb w/ 5min rest between (143, 142, 143ft)
5. Supplemental: 3x10 1-leg RDL @ 30# DB, 3x10 rack press @ BB, 3x10 push-ups, 3x25 Ab wheel
6. Cool Down: 10 min. easy sled drag @ 35#

3:30pm:
20x 30”/90” hard - sled sprints @ 45#

I’m thankful to be feeling more myself this week. This morning’s workout was relatively short, but 45 seconds all out on the Versaclimber is hard! It leaves my whole body shaking after each sprint. My heart rate starts to climb just standing on it, anticipating the discomfort that I know is coming. My sled sprints this afternoon went well I think. Our new parking lot is not quite as long as our old alley, so the sprints only took me about 20 seconds. I should have put more weight on the sled to slow me down, but didn’t feel like complicating things, so I left it as it was. It was still very hard and sweaty.

I love the warning label on the Versaclimber... I feel physical discomfort!!

No comments:

Post a Comment