Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Is it hot in here? Or is it just me?

I don't mean to be a wuss, seeing as I've lived in much hotter weather, but 90 degrees in Orange County is not OK with me! Our very old house is not equipped with air conditioning, and it is HOT in here! I needed to vent that. Moving on. Here is my workout today...

9:30am--
5 min. SMR, mobility, dynamic (leg swings, pass throughs, OHS)
1. General warmup: 5min erg, 5 min. v-climb w/ 2-3 hard efforts
2. PT: Jobes shoulder circuit #5
3. Specific W/up: none
4. WORKOUT: 3x 20 sec. all out (aka "fly and die" :) V-Climber, 5 min. rest between sets (74, 77, 73ft)
5. Supplemental: 3x10 T2B (toes to bar), 3x10 bent lateral raise w/ 12#DB, 300" Ring FLR
6. Cool Down: 10 min. easy erg.

Today's workout was relatively easy... in that it was short. Going all out on the Versa climber is never going to be easy, but in all it was only 60 seconds of work. I am actually thankful to be tapering this week. The first time Steve had me taper before a competition, I didn't like it one bit. I have always been of the "more is better" mentality. This week, one semi-light workout a day is a nice break.

I am getting pretty excited for Saturday. Things have changed a lot in the last 9 months! All of the workouts have been announced, and I am feeling good about them. The first workout is 30-20-10 reps of pull-ups, wall balls, and a run. The second workout is an AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) in 9min, 11sec. of: 9 thusters at 55#, 11 toes to bar, and 20 double unders. The third workout that I will have to complete at some point during the day is a 1 rep max of a Clean and Jerk. All good stuff. The thing that makes me the most nervous is that I should do well, so I fear that I won't do as well as I think I should. I have to trust that I am ready to do it and I feel like I am. All I can do is my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment