Monday, September 26, 2011

Nothing to it but to do it!

I felt good this morning... lots of energy. I woke up pretty early and spent 40 minutes or so at Kean Coffee reading. I have done this several times in the last couple of weeks and I really love it. Even though there is more going on there than at my house, I am strangely less distracted. Sometimes I just like to sit and watch people as they come and go on their way to work, or after a workout, or to meet up with a friend. And there is always the same guy sitting in the back corner with his laptop and books open. I am starting to recognize faces and have sat next to the same person 3 times now. Does this make me a regular? :) Anyway, good morning. When I got home, I even made a new playlist on Spotify and danced around my house a bit... really.

My workouts felt good today. The first one was hard. It moved faster than I thought it would. I haven't done GH sit-ups too much and they weren't awful, but definitely take more energy than I was expecting and made me quite dizzy. The wall balls were not so amazing... the heavier ball and higher target were a rough combo. I hoped to keep moving on these, but dropped the ball a few times... literally :(

9:30am:
5 min. SMR, mobility, dynamic
1. General Warmup: easy 10 min. Versaclimber
2. PT: Jobes shoulder circuit #2
3. Specific Warmup: BB Complex 1x @ BB, 1x @ 45#, 1x @ 65#, 6x ea.
Deadlift, BOR, Hang Clean, Front Squat, Press, OHS, Push Up
4. WORKOUT: Complete as many rounds as possible in 15 minutes of:
10 Wall ball shots @ 20 pound ball (9ft. target)
10 GH Sit ups
10 Box jumps @ 24"box
Rounds: 9
5. Supplemental: 4x25 Ab wheel (yes, that's a hundo!), 3x10 Lateral DB rise @15#DB, 3x10 Push Up
6. Cool Down: 10 min. easy erg

Here is my second workout today...
3:30pm:
10x 30"/30” on Versaclimber (this means go hard for 30 seconds, then active recovery for 30 seconds)
rest 5 min, 2x through
Total feet: 1. 1180ish, 2. 1160ish

This was tiring and made me really sweaty. I'm glad I decided to hold off on my shower til tonight. It would have been a shame to waste a shower! I think Steve mentioned eventually working up to 45 minutes of 30/30's... this sounds very very uncomfortable, especially on the Versa, because the "rest" doesn't exactly feel like a rest. Either way, I'm sure I will manage :)

No comments:

Post a Comment