Wednesday, September 28, 2011

That was a toughie!

I felt good this morning coming into the gym, despite the fact that I am sore all over! I knew the workout would be an IWT (interval weight training), but I was half expecting it to be like last week's... which was a short one. Why I thought this, I don't know, because we have moved into power-endurance... meaning, its going to be longer. Wishful thinking I guess. What I like about IWT's is that they are broken up into segments, so I can more easily focus on one round at a time. The clean and jerks were the most challenging part for me today. Even at 55% of my max... 12 reps is a lot after you've rowed at a pretty fast pace for 3 minutes. Anyway, the whole thing was tough, but I felt really good when I finished... mostly because it hurt badly and I wanted to slow down, but my mind was strong and I resisted getting lazy. Such a good feeling!

10am:
5 min. SMR, mobility, dynamic
1. General warmup: 10min easy erg
2. PT: Jobes shoulder circuit #2
3. Specific warmup: 5x Rack push press @ training bar, 5x Push Press, 5x Rack push jerk, 5x push jerk, 5x rack jerk balance, 5x Jerk balance, 5x split jerk, then Clean practice with light bar (like 35#-45#, then work up to Clean and Jerk 55%)
4. WORKOUT: IWT
3 min. erg @ 2k + 9 (2:00-2:02 pace) (750, 741, 739m)
12x Clean and Jerk @55% (70#) (5-6 touch and go, then 2’s)
3 min. rest
3x through
5 min. rest
3 min. V-Climb @ 125-130 ft/min (383, 383, 383ft... now that's consistency!)
12x OHS @ 65% (75#) (12's)
3 min rest
3x
then...
3x10
pull up
push up
sit up
ring dips (used a thin band... I'm a little out of practice)
GH Rise
goblet squat w/ 35#
Cool Down: easy sled drag 10 min.

My afternoon W.O.D....
4pm:
30/30 Erg @ 2k split, rest rate is 50% 10x
rest 5 min. 2x through

This was also pretty killer. It brought back bad memories of the last time Steve had me do 30/30's on the Erg. I went faster than my actual 2k split (about 1:51). The rest just wasn't long enough and my heart rate was up there. The second set was very uncomfortable. So glad Thursday is recovery day!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment