Sunday, September 11, 2011

Rest Day

No workout today, which is good because my body feels pretty sore. The weather was perfect today, so Jeff and I went for a little bike ride out to one of our favorite spots, which we have thoughtfully named "The Statue" because there is a large statue of a soldier at it. It overlooks the Back Bay and the Newport Harbor. I love it there. When I used to run more, this was always my favorite place to go. I kind of miss running... without a heart rate monitor on, or for a specific time. It is probably the best way to get me away from distraction and to think... or sometimes better, to not think. Anyway, being out there reminded me of this, and made me feel like a different Lindsay than the one who used to just run... not worse, just different.

We did a little work in the yard and I took a nap, then had a couple friends over for pizza. Yes... you heard me correctly. Before the whole "paleo" thing, Jeff and I used to make grilled pizza on a weekly basis. I remember the last time we made it and it was a year ago for my sister's birthday. We almost forgot how to do it... but it was delicious and left me with a full belly. I'm a fancy pizza girl, so this is what we put on it: pesto, spinach, mozzarella, apples, walnuts, and gorgonzola cheese. Good stuff.

Well, that is all my friends. On to a new week!

No comments:

Post a Comment