Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What's with today, today?

This week is the worst! I don’t know what my deal is, but I am just not myself. Right before my workout today, I was actually angry... like I wanted to smash plates and punch things... what the heck?! Its probably good that the workout was sprints. I put my headphones in and turned my music up loud and ran as fast as I could... like I was running away from my crappy feelings. What I hate is not being able to explain it, so I’m going to blame it on girl stuff (or my ADD, baby), and that is probably what it is, but still... very frustrating.

My second workout of the day was sprints on the erg. Row for 30 seconds all out, rest for 90 seconds and repeat 15 times. Now that I know the difference between “all out” and “fly and die”, this was better today... but then again it was on the erg not the versa climber, so really a different story entirely. I listened to deadmau5 during both of my workouts today, which makes me laugh because its definitely the Steve/J music and for me to choose to listen to it on my own means it must be wearing off. I don’t think I could have handled my usual “clouds and rainbows” mix today though. I’m thinking tomorrow will be better... I’m hoping. Thursday is my recovery day, and we will be all moved over to the new gym... super exciting!

1pm:
5 min. SMR, mobility, dynamic
1. General W/up: 10min erg
2. PT: Jobes shoulder circuit #6
3. Specific W/up: 10min. easy jog with 2-3 hard efforts (sprint)
4. WORKOUT: Cardio - Running 200m repeats. 5x, rest 5 min. between (33,33,32,32,33 seconds)
5. Supplemental: Jerk drills; 1x @ PVC, 1x @ BB, then, 10x2 @ 30% Full ROM
6. Cool Down: easy 10 min.

3:30pm:
15x 30/90" Row (avg. 144-149meters)

On a slightly different note, I had my last personal training session at the Y this afternoon. I decided to stop working there a couple of weeks ago. I feel much more excited about being over at CrossFit, and was beginning to feel guilty that I wasn’t spending much time at the Y anymore. I will miss the friends that I have made there, and my really awesome clients. I have truly been blessed in the last 2 years by so many of the people I have met through the Y. I went straight from there to coaching Onboarding at CrossFit, and I can say without a doubt that I love it so much. I love meeting new people as they come in, and watching as they get stronger and more confident. It is such rewarding and fun work, and I can’t imagine doing anything else right now.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry that you've had a rough week, but we all know how that goes. It's a bummer, but this too shall pass. I hope today is better. And, yes, I agree, coaching Onboarding is the best!

    ReplyDelete